white plaque · Edinburgh
Andrew Lamb

Lamb's House built by Andrew Lamb, merchant, 16th C., saved from demolition and partly restored by the 4th Marquis of Bute, K.T. 1838-40 given by Lord David Stuart to the National Trust for Scotland 1958. Restoration completed, the interior adapted as an old people's centre and the hall built by the Edinburgh and Leith Old People's Welfare Council 1960-62. Opened by H.M. Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, October 1962. Robert Hurd & Partners Architects
Original summary by TributeLegacy, informed by public sources.
Source: Open Plaques. Geographic data via OpenStreetMap.